My soldier boy! ♥

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Who do I want to be?

I am almost 30 years old and still do not know what I want to do with my life. I am the type of person who puts everyone first and doesn't think of myself. I had my daughter before I had a career. Not the best plans in the world but even 8 years ago I didn't know who I wanted to be. When Noelle was 15 months I went to nursing school. I never thought of going into the nursing field until I had my daughter. I loved my L&D nurse and she really touched my life. I went to school for 1 year and eventually got my LPN license. That year was SO hard, going to school all day and taking care of my daughter at night while the hubby worked 2nd shift. I felt accomplished and felt like I finally was doing something I wanted to do. The beginning of my career was very fulfilling. I actually LOVED it. I worked with a OBGYN Dr. and loved the relationships I built with these women. I felt like I was making a difference in peoples lives. I left that job for a 4 dollar an hr increase at a Family Practice/Acute Care Clinic. I loved the people I worked with but didn't enjoy the patients. It has been that way for about 3 years now. So I have been unemployed for almost a year and am trying to figure out what I want to do. I have passion for people. I know that I want to help people. I am considering going to school for humanitarian work, or social services. I am taking Medical Transcriptions courses, but I HATE it. It is so boring and doesn't challenge me at all. I hope I can figure out who I am and where God wants me to be placed in this world.

2 comments:

  1. the great thing about prayer is that when you ask God a question...He always answers. it may not be what you expect or in a way you expect...but He always answers. i'll keep you in my prayers girl. you were made to fill a purpose that only you can do - & you'll be shown what it is soon.xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! You always make me feel better.

    ReplyDelete