My soldier boy! ♥

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

We made it to Germany

I am sitting on the hotel floor here in Germany. We got off the plane onto German soil yesterday morning. I walked off the plane and wanted to run back on. I was scared of all things unfamiliar. I am happy to be here with my husband and daughter, but I miss the rest of my family I left behind. I feel so out of place here. We were told we will be in the hotel for quite some time, as the waiting list is in the 70's. That should be an experience. I went on my first real trip to the Commisary today. My first trip as a military wife, living on base. That was exciting I guess. I feel a bit depressed, and I dont know if that is jet lag, or all of the emotions related to the move. I cant stop looking forward to Jasons deployment and freaking out. I think goodness I am so unhappy right now, I cant imagine doing this without him here. I planned on traveling around Europe but now I am terrified. I see how people get comfortable on base and never want to leave. Its definitely a whole new world out there. I miss home....Alot.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear you got there safety! I know how you feel. I was kinda scared to go off base when I was visiting DF. Thank goodness he knew his way around. It would probably be best to find a buddy who knows their way around the German towns, and maybe they could give you a tour. I was scared to talk to the Germans in case they didn't understand me and vice versa. Try to stay positive and open minded!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you made it to Germany hun. It's ok to be scared and overwhelmed at first, but soon enough that's all going to go away and you're going to be comfortable and go out and explore :)

    ReplyDelete